Changes to FTSE/WMA Private Investor Index Series June 2015
29th June 2015
Changes have been made to the asset weightings used to calculate the FTSE/WMA Private Investor Index Portfolios.
These changes have been endorsed by the FTSE/WMA Private Investor Indices Committee and the revised weightings are effective on Monday 3rd August 2015.
– Ends –
Notes for Editors
About the Wealth Management Association (WMA)
- The Wealth Management Association (WMA) is a trade association representing 186 Wealth Management firms and Associate members
- 110 full members are wealth management and stockbroking firms that deal directly for over 4 million retail investors.
- They deal in stocks and shares and other financial instruments for individuals, trusts and charities through a range of services spanning execution only, advisory and discretionary fund management.
- 76 associate member firms provide professional services to our full member firms.
- WMA’s aim is to ensure that business, regulatory, tax and other relevant changes across Europe are appropriate and proportionate for the investment community and their clients.
- The WMA exists to support its members and their clients in the following ways:
- To be an advocate for the sector with governments, regulators and the wider financial services community;
- To influence policy and also decision makers within the wider sector to the benefit of WMA members and their clients;
- To research and provide definitive information about the sector as required for members and in support of the influencing and advocacy objectives;
- To be a thought leader, to lead and stimulate debate and make members aware of emerging trends; challenging and provoking change.
- Facilitating the sharing of good practice, enabling the membership as a whole to benefit from the latest developments affecting the sector as well as providing support to enable them to develop good prescribe and overcome challenges.
- Our member firms manage in excess of £670 billion of wealth in the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- The firms operate across more than 580 sites, employing over 32 000 staff.
- The firms also run over 5.5 million client portfolios and carry out over 20 million trades a year.
If you would like further information on this release or other press matters please contact:
- Sheena Gillett, Head of PR and Communications on 020 7011 9869 or at email@example.com
- Emma Bird, PR and Communications Assistant on 020 7382 0383 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Switchboard: 020 7448 7100