The FCA may well have delayed their publication of CP19/32: “Building operational resilience” but they still expect all regulated firms in grappling with impact of COVID-19 “to take all reasonable steps to meet the regulatory obligations which are in place to protect their consumers and maintain market integrity.”
In this online course will explore the FCA’s interpretation of Operational Resilience as it applies to wealth management firms and their expectations of those firms who will be required to evidence that they are have identified their critical business services and set challenging impact tolerances for each of them. Using recent case studies, checklists for firms to take away and practical exercises to work through, this online course will help firms to assess their Operational Resilience across their business and the potential impacts of different scenarios on their clients and market counterparties.
The aim of this online course is to:
- provide a clear understanding of the FCA’s objectives in assessing firms’ Operational Resilience;
- Help firms to scope out the work involved in producing a full Operational Resilience assessment and plans;
- Give guidance on how firms should approach suitable testing exercises to demonstrate how they will test their impact tolerances and resilience.
- Understand what the regulator means to achieve operational resilience in your firm
- Recognise the business value of operational resilience and business continuity
- Co-ordinate people and resources to build an effective resilient management
- Leverage proven approaches to set impact tolerances for each important business service you provide
- How to assess and review growing business continuity threats that result from increased interdependencies in the supply chain and an over-reliance
- Utilise mapping tools and checklists to identify and mitigate threats to your resilience, whether they be people, processes, resources, third party suppliers
- Recognise your firm’s vulnerabilities and take active steps to your firm and clients
- Establish how to manage operational incidents and mitigate reputational risks
By the end of the course you will:
Have a sound practical understanding of Operational Resilience and the FCA’s expectations of your firm in understanding your operational estate, knowing where the weak defences are and knowing how to improve your resilience and tolerance of the various factors which could impact upon it.
How will I learn?
This session is not your average webinar or ‘death by PowerPoint’ presentation. This is an immersive, interactive, ‘learning by doing’ experience broken into 2 x 2 hour sessions delivered on the same day between 09.30 – 11.30 and 14.00 – 16.00.
Across the two sessions you will be asked to work through practical, engaging scenarios with your peers which will enable you to confidently stress test your own firm’s business continuity plans. At the end of the day you will be provided with a series of check lists and guides that include actionable recommendations for improvements to your BCP.
Buy one get one free offer:
PIMFA Online Learning
If you or your firm sign up for this course, you will receive automatic enrolment in our PIMFA Live Online Training: ‘Best Practices in Business Continuity: How your firm can continue operating and responding proactively to disruptive events”
Taking place on Monday 22nd of June.
Please see Learning events for more information.