- This event has passed.
**Please note tickets for this have sold out**
While the principles embodied within the FCA’s Client Assets (CASS) sourcebook are relatively mature and broadly understood, there is still disparity in how firms apply these principles. The protection of client money and safe custody assets remains a key priority for the FCA as the financial services industry develops more robust arrangements and controls.
Weaknesses in firms’ client asset systems and controls can cause serious financial detriment to customers and counterparties, as well as reputational damage to firms and the financial markets.
The aim of this online course is to support you:
- Stay up to date and compliant with current CASS rules
- Recognise the FCA’s concerns regarding Client Assets
- Clarify your firm’s responsibilities when handling client money and safe custody assets
- Design effective controls and governance to reduce the possibility of regulatory and reputational damage
- Create and maintain robust oversight arrangements of client assets
- Understand the impact of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) on CASS and how firms how firms have responded to the challenges of COVID-19
- Learn lessons from recent CASS Audits
By the end of this online course you will able to:
- Align your approach to CASS and ensure that it reflects the expectations of the FCA
- Confidently review, challenge and change where appropriate, your firm’s CASS arrangements
- Make recommendations to your existing monitoring review scope documents and risk assessments
- Identify improvement in controls/processes in your firm’s handling of client money and custody assets
- Support to all levels of Management on client money regulatory changes
- Benchmark your firm’s approach to CASS with your peers
- Review and conduct trend analysis on client money breaches to identify improvement in controls/processes
How will I learn?
This session is not your average webinar or ‘death by PowerPoint’ presentation. This is an immersive, interactive, experience providing opportunities to ask questions and share experiences throughout.
Who should attend?
- Heads of Compliance
- Senior Manager with Prescribed Responsibility for CASS
- Certified individual responsible for the CASS Operational Oversight Function.
- Compliance manager
- Compliance Client Money Oversight Manager
- Client money manager
- CASS Audit managers
Meet your Trainer:
Anthony Holland is a senior regulatory consultant with expert knowledge gained with more than 20 years’ experience in the financial services sector including 15 years in Compliance based roles. In almost 10 years with Duff & Phelps (formerly Kinetic Partners) Anthony has achieved a broad range of experience including multiple projects with both buy-side and sell-side financial services firms. Anthony is a practical individual and has held a variety of interim positions including 9 months as the individual with responsibility for Client Asset (CASS) operational oversight for an authorised fund manager.
In recent times Anthony has project managed several Skilled Person (Section 166) reports relating to financial crime, governance and CASS. Anthony’s long-term focus on CASS has often involved working on risk and control assessment projects as well as audit reports.
Anthony is an expert on the FCA/ PRA Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) and has worked with several firms on implementing and embedding change programmes. Anthony has provided training articulating how SM&CR provides a unique opportunity to revisit governance arrangements within financial services firms to ensure appropriate oversight, challenge and accountability. Anthony is an experienced public speaker and trainer on regulatory matters, and specifically on CASS.