- This event has passed.
Willis Towers Watson and international law firms Brown Rudnick LLP and Mishcon de Reya invite you to join us for a practical presentation dealing with the challenges arising from the FCA’s new enforcement policy and its focus on individual accountability.
It is now FCA policy to consider the conduct of each individual involved in suspected misconduct by a firm. The extension of the SMCR to all FCA regulated firms underpins this policy.
Firms and individuals under FCA investigation have different interests. Issues for individuals include the cost of specialist advice, gaining access to relevant documentation and challenging facts and breaches that may have been admitted by the firm.
Indemnities and D&O insurance may not always provide sufficient cover or cover at an early enough stage to enable an individual properly to protect their interests.
This session will be based around a practical scenario and will cover:
• Dealing with emerging issues outside business as usual
• When is external legal advice/representation necessary/desirable?
• Legal Professional Privilege – when does it arise and who owns it?
• Regulatory notification obligations
• Strategic considerations for firms and individuals
• The impact of a lengthy investigation
• Penalties for individuals
• Advance steps to protect individuals
We look forward to welcoming you.
Executive Director, FINEX
8:30-09:00am Registration & Refreshments
09:00- 10:30am Practical Presentation