Sarah Soar Joins WMA Board of Directors
15th January 2016
The Wealth Management Association (WMA) is pleased to announce that Sarah Soar, Head of Investment Management at JM Finn & Co will be joining the WMA Board of Directors with immediate effect.
Sarah began her career in 1984 at Brewin Dolphin in London. After moving into a Senior Management role, Sarah was appointed to the Brewin Dolphin Limited Board in 2003 and then to the Brewin Dolphin Holdings Board in 2007. She stepped down from Brewin Dolphin in March 2013 and joined JM Finn & Co as Head of Investment Management in January 2014. Sarah was appointed to the Council of the Institute of Directors in 2013.
Commenting on the announcement Sarah Soar said:
“I have been part of the investment community for many years and am pleased to join the WMA board at a time of such change. I look forward to contributing to its continued success.”
Tim Ingram, Chairman of the WMA, said:
“We are delighted to welcome Sarah to the WMA Board. Her experience across the industry will add a valuable perspective to our Board and I look forward to working with her.”
– Ends –
Notes for Editors
About the Wealth Management Association (WMA)
- The Wealth Management Association (WMA) is a trade association that represents 186 wealth management firms (full members) and associate members who provide professional services to our full member firms.
- WMA members firms look after over £670 billion of wealth for over 4 million retail investors.
- WMA full members deal in stocks, shares and other financial instruments for individuals, trusts and charities through a range of services spanning execution only, advisory and discretionary fund management.
- The WMA exists to support its members and their clients in the following ways:
- To be an advocate for the sector with governments, regulators and the wider financial services community;
- To influence policy and also decision makers within the wider sector to the benefit of WMA members and their clients;
- To research and provide definitive information about the sector as required for members and in support of the influencing and advocacy objectives;
- To be a thought leader, to lead and stimulate debate and make members aware of emerging trends; challenging and provoking change.
- Facilitating the sharing of good practice, enabling the membership as a whole to benefit from the latest developments affecting the sector as well as providing support to enable them to develop good prescribe and overcome challenges.
- WMA firms operate across more than 580 sites, employing over 32 000 staff.
- These firms also run over 5.5 million client portfolios and carry out over 20 million trades a year.
If you would like further information on this release or other press matters please contact:
- Sheena Gillett, Head of PR and Communications on 020 7011 9869 or at email@example.com or
- Flame PR on +44 (0)20 3357 9740, WMA@flamepr.com
Switchboard: 020 7448 7100