PIMFA launches first ever Virtual Festival in June
3 April 2020
PIMFA, the trade association for the investment services and financial advice industry, is to hold a two-day Virtual Festival on 3 and 4 June for industry colleagues working from home during the Coronavirus Lockdown
Virtual Fest will be a chance for wealth mangers and financial advisers to hear from leading experts on topical areas and on key priorities for the sector.
Topics covered during the conference will include Cyber Resilience, Operational Resilience, ESG & Impact Investing and Compliance and Regulation. Virtual Fest will provide CPD hours and so help those self-isolating continue their professional development.
It will also offer a number of online technical sessions, including webinars, virtual sessions with speakers, videos, PDFs and online resources. Online attendees will be able to ask questions of speakers live during sessions and have the opportunity to network online with fellow professionals via a discussion portal.
The event will be entirely online. The only things you will need are a laptop / computer and a good internet connection. Registration will open shortly with details available on the PIMFA website or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liz Field, Chief Executive of PIMFA, commented: “With so much volatility and uncertainty, many of our members will also be looking for guidance, advice and information too. Whether it’s how to engage with the regulator, how to stay safe while continuing to provide their clients with advice, or concerns about their own wellbeing.
“PIMFA will be there to provide our wealth management and financial advice colleagues with as much support as possible and Virtual Fest is an illustration of our continuing commitment to supporting your continued professional development during this period of isolation.”
Notes for Editors
About PIMFA – the Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association
· PIMFA is the trade association for firms that provide investment management and financial advice to everyone from individuals and families to charities, pension funds, trusts and companies.
· The sector currently looks after £1.3 trillion in private savings and investments and employs over 55,000 people.
· PIMFA represents both full and associate member firms. Full members provide a range of financial solutions including financial advice, portfolio management, as well as investment and execution services. They assist everyone from individuals and families, to charities and pension funds, all the way to trusts and companies. Associate members provide professional services to the PIMFA community.
· PIMFA leads the debate on policy and regulatory recommendations to ensure that the UK remains a global centre of excellence in the wealth management, investment advice and financial planning arena. Our mission is to create an optimal operating environment so that its member firms can focus on delivering the best service to clients, providing responsible stewardship for their long-term savings and investments.
· PIMFA was created in 2017 as the outcome of a merger between the Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA) and the Wealth Management Association (WMA) with a history as a trade association since 1991 – read more.
· Further information can be found at www.pimfa.co.uk
· To become a member of PIMFA for access to training, benefits and discounts, please visit https://www.pimfa.co.uk/become-a-member or contact us directly at email@example.com
For further information on this release or other press matters please contact:
· Matthew West, PIMFA PR Manager – MatthewW@pimfa.co.uk, +44 (0)20 7382 0376 / +44 (0)7843 903258.
· Sheena Gillett, PIMFA Communications & PR Director – firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)20 7011 9869 / +44 (0)7979 493225.