Changes to the FTSE/WMA Private Investor Index Series
2nd February 2015
Changes have been made to the asset weightings used to calculate the FTSE/WMA Private Investor Index Portfolios.
These changes were endorsed by the FTSE/WMA Private Investor Indices Committee on 11thDecember 2014 and became effective as of today (2nd February 2015).
Details of these changes can be found at: http://www.ftse.com/products/indices/WMA
Notes for Editors
For further information or general enquiries please contact FTSE at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Client Services in UK +44 (0) 20 7866 1810.
Alternatively please visit FTSE’s website at http://www.ftse.com.
About the Wealth Management Association (WMA)
The Wealth Management Association is a trade association that represents 186 firms and prides itself on working for the investment industry. Of this number 110 members are wealth management and stockbroking firms that deal directly for private investors. They deal in stocks and shares and other financial instruments for individuals, trusts and charities and offer a range of services from execution only trading (no advice) through to full portfolio management. The remaining 76 are associate members who do not deal directly for the private investor but provide professional services to our member firms.
- Our member firms manage in excess of £650 billion of wealth in the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man and operate across more than 580 sites, employing c.32 000 staff.
- They also run just under 6 million client portfolios, carry out over 20 million trades a year and represent over 4 million private investors in the stock market.
- WMA’s aim is to ensure that regulatory, tax and other changes across Europe are appropriate and proportionate for the investment community.
If you would like further information on this release or other press matters please contact:
- Sheena Gillett, Head of PR and Communications on 020 7011 9869 or at email@example.com
- Emma Bird, PR and Communications Assistant on 020 7382 0383 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Switchboard: 020 7448 7100