8 November 2021
PIMFA delighted to welcome Geoff Towers to board as non-executive director
PIMFA, the trade association for wealth management, investment services and the investment and financial advice industry, is delighted to welcome Geoff Towers to its board as a non-executive director.
Geoff brings over 35 years of wealth management and investment services experience including leadership roles at Citibank, Barclays Wealth, Legal & General and Friends Life.
He was chief executive of BNY Mellon’s Pershing Ltd for almost six years before deciding in June to stand down to focus on a number of non-executive roles. Geoff was also the first chief executive of Standard Life’s platform business, launching their wrap and fund supermarket proposition.
Liz Field, Chief Executive of PIMFA, commented: “I am delighted to welcome Geoff Towers to the PIMFA board. The depth and breadth of his experience of our industry will be invaluable as we begin to look towards the challenges of next year and beyond.
“There are still big challenges and opportunities for our industry to grapple with, from the greater use of technology to ESG factors, the continuing battle to get a fairer FSCS levy, the need to tackle fraud against consumers through the Online Safety Bill and how we shape an advice industry that is fit for the future. I look forward to Geoff’s counsel on these and many other matters in the years to come.”
Geoff Towers, non-executive director at PIMFA, commented: “I am delighted to be joining PIMFA at an exciting stage of growth and development from its diversity and inclusion agenda to its focus on the digital transformation of our industry and its advocacy for an industry that better reflects the needs of UK consumers.
“I look forward to working with Liz and the rest of the board on ways in which we can continue to develop our industry and help the UK maintain its premier position as one of the largest and most innovative wealth management industries in the world.”
About PIMFA – the Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association
- PIMFA is the trade association for firms that provide investment management, investment services and advice to everyone from individuals and families to charities, pension funds, trusts and companies.
- The sector currently looks after £1.65 trillion in private savings and investments and employs over 63,000 people.
- PIMFA represents both full and associate member firms. Full members provide a range of financial solutions including financial advice, portfolio management, as well as investment and execution services. They assist everyone from individuals and families to charities and pension funds, all the way to trusts and companies. Associate members provide professional services to the PIMFA community.
- PIMFA leads the debate on policy and regulatory recommendations to ensure that the UK remains a global centre of excellence in the wealth management, investment advice and financial planning arena. Our mission is to create an optimal operating environment so that its member firms can focus on delivering the best service to clients, providing responsible stewardship for their long-term savings and investments.
- PIMFA has made numerous recommendations to the FCA regarding the Future of Advice, the Future of Supervision, & the FSCS levy – read more.
- PIMFA was created in 2017 as the outcome of a merger between the Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA) and the Wealth Management Association (WMA) with a history as a trade association since 1991 – read more.
- Further information can be found at pimfa.co.uk
For further information on this release or other press matters please contact:
Matthew West, PIMFA PR Manager – MatthewW@pimfa.co.uk, +44 (0)20 7382 0376 / +44 (0) 7843 903258.
Sheena Gillett, PIMFA Communications & PR Director – firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)20 7011 9869 / +44 (0)7979 493225.