PIMFA Welcomes Four New Board Members
Wednesday 17th April 2019
The Personal Investment Management and Financial Advice Association (PIMFA), the trade association for investment managers and financial advisers, is delighted to announce the arrival of four new Board members to its Board of directors, who will be adding their experience, skill and commitment to the voice of the UK’s leading wealth management and financial advice trade body.
New board members include:
Mark Duckworth, served as Chief Executive Officer of Openwork Limited since 2015, having joined the company as a Commercial Development Director in 2010. He is responsible for group and distribution strategy and oversees the development of the network’s investment fund proposition.
Mark said, “PIMFA is a standard bearer in our industry and its mission to enable firms to deliver the best service to clients echoes Openwork’s own. I am extremely proud to be joining its Board and look forward to adding my passion and expertise to PIMFA’s great work; enabling more member firms to advise more clients on creating and protecting their wealth.”
Peter Hall, currently the Global Head of Wealth Management for the Schroders Group. He has previously held leadership roles in Wealth Management at UBS, Barclays and Tilney. Peter started his career in Corporate Finance at Warburgs after graduating in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford. He has an MBA from INSEAD, France.
Peter said, “PIMFA is the key association for the Wealth Management industry; so I am delighted to join the Board and try to help address our key issues.”
Richard Wilson, the Chief Executive Officer at Interactive Investor. Richard has 25 years’ experience in retail and wholesale banking and broking financial services, and spent several years with Societe Generale CIB in various roles in London, New York and Paris, including Finance, Operations, CTO and Data.
Richard said, “PIMFA has evolved to represent a broad cross section of the financial services industry, with a growing consumer focus that is absolutely crucial. I look forward to bringing my own consumer platform perspective to the board to help shape the future direction of the sector and improve access for consumers. We must never lose sight of what this industry should be about – improving outcomes for the customer and we are fighting for this.”
Stuart Newey, the Managing Director and Head of Client Service & Delivery at Coutts & Co where he is also a member of the Executive Committee. Stuart began his career in retail banking before joining Coutts & Co in 1999. He has undertaken a variety of senior management roles across Wealth Management, Banking and Change management. Stuart holds an MBA from Warwick and is a Fellow of the Chartered Bankers Institute.
Commenting on the recent appointments, PIMFA CEO Liz Field welcomed the new members saying, “I am delighted that we have been able to appoint such high-calibre candidates. Their combined experience and expertise will be invaluable to the work we are doing. We’re confident that their collective experience over the years in the financial industry will be a huge asset to PIMFA, and helping create the best, supportive, educational and informative environment for our member firms, so that they can focus on guiding individuals and families to build their personal financial futures.”
Additional information on the PIMFA Board members and governance is available at www.pimfa.co.uk/about-us/pimfa-board.
Notes for Editors
About PIMFA – the Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association
- PIMFA is the leading trade association for firms that provide investment management and financial advice to everyone from individuals and families to charities, pension funds, trusts and companies.
- PIMFA represents both full and associate member firms. Full members provide a range of financial solutions including financial advice, portfolio management, as well as investment and execution services. They assist everyone from individuals and families, to charities and pension funds, all the way to trusts and companies. Associate members provide professional services to the PIMFA community.
- PIMFAleads the debate on policy and regulatory recommendations to ensure that the UK remains a global centre of excellence in the wealth management, investment advice and financial planning arena. Our mission is to create an optimal operating environment so that its member firms can focus on delivering the best service to clients, providing responsible stewardship for their long-term savings and investments.
- PIMFA was created in 2017 as the outcome of a merger between the Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA) and the Wealth Management Association (WMA) with a history as a trade association going back for 28 years – read more.
- Further information can be found at pimfa.co.uk
- To become a member of PIMFA for access to training, benefits and discounts, please visit https://www.pimfa.co.uk/become-a-member or contact us directly at email@example.com
For further information on this release or other press matters please contact: