PIMFA Launches New Learning Offering with SM&CR Webinar Sessions
Friday 10th May 2019
PIMFA, the trade association for investment managers and financial advisers, is pleased to announce the launch of their new learning offering.
As part of the ongoing drive to build an optimal operating environment for investment and financial adviser firms, and as an additional benefit to member services, PIMFA’s FREE webinars and podcasts will be accessible to members and non-members, and cover key topics and themes affecting the industry and firms.
Led by PIMFA Policy and Technical experts, PIMFA’s free learning offering will give guidance on regulatory changes and key industry concerns, for financial service professionals who are unable to take time out of the office to attend an event, via podcasts and webinars.
The sessions under the PIMFA Learning offering will offer continuing professional development (CPD) hours and a range of innovative learning solutions to support firms and help them to meet their regulatory obligations.
With the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issuing reminders to authorised firms ahead of the changes that will be implemented from 9th December 2019 – affecting over 229,000 investment firms, approved and certified persons – PIMFA has responded by launching a webinar programme with two essential webinars on the Senior Managers & Certification Regime (SM&CR):
Conduct experts in this interactive webinar, Dr. Roger Miles and Patrick Butler, co-founders of the UK Finance Conduct, Risk & Culture Academy, discuss how the regulator is looking beyond just accountability. They will highlight how FCA’s focus is now focusing on leadership skills in a bid to ‘establish healthy cultures and effective governance in firms by encouraging greater individual accountability and establishing a new standard of personal conduct’.
With only seven months left before SM&CR goes live, Ian Cornwall, Director of Regulation at PIMFA, and Julie Pardy, Director of Regulation and Market Engagement at Worksmart, will provide firms with the latest guidance on SM&CR alongside key pointers for successful regime implementation.
Philip Allen, Head of Learning & Development at PIMFA, said:
“The SM&CR regime will be a major project for all firms, large and small, and there will be a significant amount of work required in order for firms to be fully compliant before the deadline. Our new learning and development platform will allow investment managers and financial advisers an opportunity to learn and develop new skills direct from their desktops, tablets and mobile phones, anywhere in the world.”
The free PIMFA webinar offering will address topics ranging from regulations, operations, compliance, pensions & savings, financial crime, EU & Brexit, and more. For further information about the PIMFA learning offering please email us at [email protected]
Notes for Editors
About PIMFA – the Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association
- PIMFA is the leading trade association for firms that provide investment management and financial advice to everyone from individuals and families to charities, pension funds, trusts and companies.
- PIMFA represents both full and associate member firms. Full members provide a range of financial solutions including financial advice, portfolio management, as well as investment and execution services. They assist everyone from individuals and families, to charities and pension funds, all the way to trusts and companies. Associate members provide professional services to the PIMFA community.
- PIMFA leads the debate on policy and regulatory recommendations to ensure that the UK remains a global centre of excellence in the wealth management, investment advice and financial planning arena. Our mission is to create an optimal operating environment so that its member firms can focus on delivering the best service to clients, providing responsible stewardship for their long-term savings and investments.
- PIMFA was created in 2017 as the outcome of a merger between the Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA) and the Wealth Management Association (WMA) with a history as a trade association going back for 28 years – read more.
- Further information can be found at pimfa.co.uk
- To become a member of PIMFA for access to training, benefits and discounts, please visit https://www.pimfa.co.uk/become-a-member or contact us directly at [email protected]
For further information on this release or other press matters please contact: