INDUSTRY MUST SAFEGUARD PUBLIC TRUST IN SECTOR
Financial Services Professionals Attend Trade Association Annual Summer Event
Thursday 20th June 2019
Over 350 guests were in attendance at PIMFA’s annual summer reception held at the spectacular Natural History Museum yesterday evening (19 June).
The trade association for investment managers and financial advisers, welcomed a mix of financial service professionals from the financial advice and wealth management sector alongside key industry stakeholders such as representatives from the media, government and regulator who enjoyed the opportunity to view the Museums latest Moon Exhibition in honour of 50 year anniversary of the moon landing.
At the event, Liz Field, PIMFA’s Chief Executive, highlighted the importance of trust in the industry.
“We are working to drive the right outcomes to ensure trust in the industry, this is a crucial and integral to our overall mission. Our firms are helping build the financial futures for clients – and ultimately help contribute to the positive financial and mental wellbeing of families and individuals. This is based on an ongoing relationship built on trust, often established over several years of highs and lows. We must continue to ensure that the industry is seen as a valuable resource for all, and must call out bad practice tactics as it affects the reputation of our profession and ultimately our customers”
Our six pillar approach as outlined in the PIMFA members manifesto is designed to do just that – design a sector for the future, enable access to it, ensure appropriate and proportional regulation of it, develop robust and thriving markets whilst also ensuring business protection and enable digital business transformation through a sector-wide digital strategy.“
The Rt Hon John Gummer, Lord Deben, PIMFA’s Chairman was also in attendance and said,
“We [PIMFA] represent a united community, across firms of all sizes and present a single voice for our industry where needed. Our industry has huge amounts to offer to the nation, when we’re given the space and proper direction. We are an innovative industry, and we have been successful because we’re able to effectively solve the problems or our past, present and future, and we must continue to do.”
The evening also celebrated the announcement of the latest PIMFA Plus partnership, with Insignis Cash Solutions, a cash savings and deposit management for wealth managers, individuals, charities, businesses. Insignis offers active management of cash deposits to improve returns for your clients.
Notes for Editors
About PIMFA – the Personal Investment Management & Financial Advice Association
- PIMFA is the leading trade association for firms that provide investment management and financial advice to everyone from individuals and families to charities, pension funds, trusts and companies.
- PIMFA represents both full and associate member firms. Full members provide a range of financial solutions including financial advice, portfolio management, as well as investment and execution services. They assist everyone from individuals and families, to charities and pension funds, all the way to trusts and companies. Associate members provide professional services to the PIMFA community.
- PIMFAleads the debate on policy and regulatory recommendations to ensure that the UK remains a global centre of excellence in the wealth management, investment advice and financial planning arena. Our mission is to create an optimal operating environment so that its member firms can focus on delivering the best service to clients, providing responsible stewardship for their long-term savings and investments.
- PIMFA was created in 2017 as the outcome of a merger between the Association of Professional Financial Advisers (APFA) and the Wealth Management Association (WMA) with a history as a trade association going back for 28 years – read more.
- Further information can be found at pimfa.co.uk
- To become a member of PIMFA for access to training, benefits and discounts, please visit https://www.pimfa.co.uk/become-a-member or contact us directly at [email protected]
- Insignis Cash Solutions is committed to providing its clients with active management of their Cash deposits. The company focuses on improving the return available on Savings, Deposit, Trust and Client accounts.
- The company delivers bespoke solutions which balance each client’s priorities. The expert team maximises Return while maintaining Liquidity and Security.
- Insignis Cash Solutions works with Financial Advisors to assist corporations, charities, public sector entities, trustees and high net worth individuals to enhance returns and reduce bank exposure with the minimum administrative burden.
- Visit www.insigniscash.com for more information.
- Contact: Sally Maclachlan 01223 200 674 or email: [email protected]
For further information on this release or other press matters please contact: