- This event has passed.
20% PIMFA DISCOUNT CODE: BREX10PIM
To book your ticket, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to be holding this BREXIT summit in partnership with the City of London Corporation, TheCityUK and UK Finance. Miles Celic, Chief Executive Officer of TheCityUK and Stephen Jones, Chief Executive Officer of UK Finance have both kindly agreed to speak.
Keynote addresses will be given by John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and City Minister, and Nausicaa Delfas, Executive Director of International, and Member of the Executive Committee at Financial Conduct Authority.
BREXIT will have an enormous impact on the FS sector, arguably more than on any other part of the economy. While most financial institutions now have their contingency plans in place and in many cases have already started to implement them, it is critically important that UK financial institutions keep themselves fully informed about current negotiations and what BREXIT will mean for their organisations under the various possible scenarios.
This summit builds on the success of the two previous editions. The timing has been chosen so that the summit will be held after the European Council meeting on 18-19 October. It is currently anticipated that the Heads of Terms for the long-term trade agreement will be submitted for discussion at this meeting, which will make the conference very topical.
Key themes in this timely programme include:
• The Government’s strategy in terms of protecting the interests of the FS industry
• How the regulator is preparing for BREXIT
• What will be the shape of the long-term financial services trade agreement between the UK & the EU?
• Managing the EU withdrawal process from a legal perspective – the EU Withdrawal Act and other legislation, and implications for the FS community
• Talent retention and future skills requirements
• A vision for the future – The City and the UK financial services industry as a global powerhouse in the post-BREXIT world
• Achieving regulatory coherence in a post-BREXIT world
For more information on this event contact:
Paul Hooper, Head of Marketing, City and Financial Global