- This event has passed.
Bring a colleague along for free: use code smcrjuly at checkout
With less than 6 months to go before SM&CR comes into effect, time is running out for senior managers and members of core and *enhanced firms to bring themselves up to date with what this means for the governance and culture within the firm, along with their own individual responsibilities and accountabilities.
This practical 3½ hour workshop, underpinned by PIMFA latest guidance on SM&CR for firms, steers clear of offering you a ‘do’s and don’ts’ lists of the new regime, rather it tackles, through practical scenarios and case studies, a simple, clear and proportionate approach to SM&CR that will help your firm achieve a smooth transition into the new regime.
*If you are enhanced firm going through SMCR, the trainer will spend an additional hour (after 13.00) with you discussing how to meet your regulatory requirements.
Conduct Rules Training: TRAIN THE TRAINER
SM&CR also involves the application of Conduct Rules. Firms must ensure all staff members working in financial services must be trained and aware of the rules that relate to professional conduct.
If you need to train your staff on the Conduct Rules, but don’t have the time or knowledge to prepare a professional training course, there’s no need worry, as PIMFA, in association with CityHR, are offering a unique Train the Trainer workshop in September 2019.
We recognise that training takes time, planning and resources to deliver, and have created the new Train the Trainer workshop, to help provide trainers with the knowledge and tools to deliver Conduct Rules training across your organisation, including a comprehensive tool kit, that comprises of PowerPoint slides, training notes, FCA produced SM&CR explainer videos, practical case studies, organisational branded delegate handouts, and more.
If you’d like to attend, or interested in further details, please get in get in touch.
What you will cover
- What the regime means for senior managers, and how best to engage them
- The key elements of the regime that affect your firm and its governance
- Where the banks hit problems implementing SM&CR and how they resolved them
- The ten top questions firms are asking about SM&CR….and solutions!
- How to structure your SM&CR project, and what to prioritise
- How firms are leveraging SM&CR to reduce operational risk and improve conduct
Who should attend?
This workshop is crucial for:
- Senior managers who have responsibility in HR, compliance, risk and compliance functions
- Managers who are involved in the governance of the firm
- Managers those who provide either direct support or report to senior managers
SM&CR Project Planner
To help firms successfully implement SM&CR, PIMFA associate members Worksmart are offering a FREE downloadable SM&CR Project Planner, here on their website. The Project Planner contains valuable insights on key considerations and challenges, managing your implementation programme and more.
Download your free project planner here.
Do you have 5 or more staff interested in attending this workshop? If so, it may be more cost effective to run a tailored version of this workshop in your offices. For further details and costs please contact [email protected]
What and Why – SM&CR overview
- Background to SM&CR
- Timeline – your project plan
- High level introduction to the component parts of SM&CR
- Update on FCA requirements and expectations
The component parts – Senior Managers
- Senior management functions mapping
- Prescribed Responsibilities for senior managers
- Statement of responsibilities
- Duty of responsibility
CASE STUDY EXAMPLE on Taking Reasonable Steps
The component parts – Certification
- Identification of the certified population
- Comparing against the approved persons regime
- Organisational impacts
CASE STUDY EXAMPLE on Delegating Responsibilities
The component parts – Conduct Rules
- Review of the Conduct rules and impact:
- For senior managers
- For certified individuals
- For all staff
- Reporting requirements and keeping track
- Moving from a tick box culture
CASE STUDY EXAMPLE on Assessing Fitness and Propriety