- This event has passed.
If a dog is not just for Christmas, neither is your business continuity plan (BCP) just for the current crisis! Rapidly evolving challenges mean that your business continuity and disaster recovery plans have to manage today’s challenges but also pre-empt the impact of any future unintended consequences.
In light of COVID-19, the FCA has reminded all authorised firms that it expects them to have appropriate and proportionate business continuity plans which demonstrate that they have taken ‘reasonable steps’ to meet their regulatory obligations.
To support member firms to meet their regulatory obligations and proactively assess, review and update their business continuity plans, PIMFA is running a live interactive online learning course to ensuring your business continuity plan is fit for purpose not just now but for the future.
What you’ll learn:
- Recognise what makes an effective business continuity plan and a disaster recovery plan
- Understand what information goes into each document and how to obtain that information
- How to implement and audit a business continuity management system
- Identify and address in your firm the known and unknown risks, threats, and incidents
- Understand how downtime can impact a business and how to mitigate downtime
- Develop foundational knowledge of organizational and operational risk, continuity & resilience international standards, models and best practice.
- Appreciate what is required for a strong embedded resilient culture and how to implement this from the daily operational rhythm to a major incident.
- Work to understand the risk and resilience tools and techniques and when is the right time to use them.
- Understand the interaction of risk assessment and business impact analysis.
- How risk and continuity can be incorporated into strategic plans, risk appetite and tolerance
- How risk and resilience management can be used to support your organisation in achieving its objectives.
How will you learn?
This session is not your average webinar or ‘death by PowerPoint’ presentation. This is an immersive, interactive, ‘learning by doing’ experience broken into 2 x 2 hour sessions delivered on the same day between 09.30 – 11.30 and 14.00 – 16.00.
Across the two 2 hour sessions you will be asked to work through practical, engaging scenarios with your peers which will enable you to confidently stress test your own firm’s business continuity plans. At the end of the day you will be provided with a series of check lists and guides that include actionable recommendations for improvements to your BCP.
Buy one get one free offer:
PIMFA Online Learning
If you or your firm sign up for this course, you will receive automatic enrolment in our Live online learning: “Building operational resilience in wealth management firms”
You are welcome to bring a colleague along to this Live online Learning session.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information